POSITION TITLE: Donor Development and Relationships Manager
ORGANISATION: Edmund Rice Development
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive
CONTRACT: 3 years. Flexible working arrangements available.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
The Donor Development and Relationships Manager is a new, pivotal, senior management role within a small committed, dynamic team working to address issues of global poverty and injustice. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing Edmund Rice Development’s existing donor base from schools, private individuals, trusts and foundations and companies. They will also manage relationships with current donors and supporters, ensuring a high level of donor retention through great donor stewardship.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual, skilled at building relationships and confident working at a senior level within an educational, non-profit or corporate organisation.
A degree of flexibility and/or part-time hours is possible with this role. The Donor Development and Relationships Manager will spend a proportion of their time on the road meeting donors (current and prospective) and visiting schools, community groups and organisations primarily around Ireland (North and South), and occasionally, England. A small element of international travel may also be involved.
Edmund Rice Development (ERD) is a development agency established in 2008 in Ireland by the Congregation of Christian Brothers and governed today by an independent board of directors. ERD is dedicated to the liberation of people and communities from poverty and injustice.
ERD plays a crucial role in directly supporting a global network of Edmund Rice Mission projects. The network incorporates a range of international development projects and programmes in the areas of Education, Community Development and Advocacy across Africa (9 countries), India, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
We collaborate to support the sustainability of Edmund Rice Mission by sourcing funding, building donor engagement and working with our partners in mission to improve development capacity. ERD is committed to transparency and accountability, and to an efficient, effective operation that impacts positively on the lives of people made poor. This appointment comes at a crucial time of strategic development and growth of the organisation as we continue to implement our Strategy 2017-21.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive individual giving and donor development and retention programme with the goal of increasing donations income and developing long-term donor relationships.
2. Build on and expand current support for Edmund Rice Mission projects from school communities, individuals, companies and community groups.
3. Deliver against annual donor income, expenditure and other objectives through the development of robust, long-term strategies and new programmes.
4. Increase ERD donor engagement and develop the donor network through face-to-face school visits and donor meetings; initiation of a small number of annual events and other ongoing donor cultivation activities.
5. Work with the CEO and ERD team to develop a programme of strategic activities and communications for ERD’s 10th Anniversary year to engage new and current donors and supporters.
6. Ensure all private donor records are efficiently maintained, and work with the team to manage the overall relationships with private donors ensuring all stewardship, reporting and other requirements are met.
From time to time, the candidate may also be required to complete other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, results-focused individual, skilled at building relationships and confident working at a senior level within an educational, charity or corporate organisation. Passionate about the Edmund Rice development mission, the new Donor Development and Relationships Manager will be keen to share that passion with an increasing network of donors and supporters.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years’ management experience within a school, non-profit or corporate organisation.
- Demonstrable experience and success in identifying and developing new strategic relationships and increasing donor/ client/ supporter engagement.
- Experience representing an organisation in a public forum, and/or face-to-face with donors, clients or supporters.
- Proven strategic and planning acumen.
- A creative approach, with the ability to generate new ideas and initiatives, and to follow these through to completion.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and to work on multiple tasks both on an individual basis and with a team of people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Full, clean driver’s licence and access to a vehicle, with the ability to travel easily within Ireland, the UK, and occasionally, overseas. (To note: free parking is available for all staff at head office in Dublin 1).
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable success in generating new income and/or realising challenging business development goals.
- Experience (either in a paid or voluntary capacity) working within the non-profit sector.
- Use of relationship databases or software eg Salesforce, Raiser’ Edge etc.
- An interest in international development.
- A relevant degree or postgraduate qualification.
Please note: As this position is based in Ireland, non-EEA citizens will require current and valid permission to work in Ireland.
Please email current Curriculum Vitae, together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role no later than close of business Friday 9th February 2018 to:
Edmund Rice Development
Edmund Rice House
North Richmond Street
T: +353 1 819 6782
Edmund Rice Development is an equal opportunities employer