POSITION TITLE: Programme Officer
ORGANISATION: Edmund Rice Development
REPORTS TO: Programme Coordinator
BASED: Dublin 1, Ireland
CONTRACT: 3 years
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
The Programme Officer will play an important role within a small committed, dynamic team working to address issues of global poverty and injustice. The programme officer will be responsible for maintaining and continuing to grow Edmund Rice Development’s existing development funding base through the securing of financial support for Edmund Rice projects and the support of overseas projects through project cycle management.
Edmund Rice Development (ERD) is a development agency established in 2008 in Ireland by the Congregation of Christian Brothers and governed by an independent board of directors. ERD is dedicated to the liberation of people and communities from poverty and injustice.
This appointment comes at a crucial time of strategic development for the organisation as we implement our Strategy 2017-21. We collaborate to support the sustainability of Edmund Rice Mission by sourcing funding, inputting into programme design, building donor engagement and working with our partners in mission to improve development capacity. ERD is committed to transparency and accountability, and to an efficient, effective operation that impacts positively on the lives of people made poor.
ERD plays a crucial role in directly supporting a wide network of Edmund Rice Mission projects. The network incorporates a wide range of international development projects and programmes in the areas of Education (formal and informal), Community Development (including livelihoods, health, water and sanitation) and Advocacy across Africa (9 countries), India, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
Reporting to the Programme Coordinator, and based at our offices at Edmund Rice House, North Richmond Street, Dublin 1, Ireland, the role will also involve some international travel. This is a 3 year contract position. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
1. Working closely with ERD’s in-country development partners, prepare and submit project grant proposals, including:
- Guiding partners through the project cycle management process in preparation for submission
- Ensuring compliance with funders’ guidelines and governance requirements
- Liaison with institutional funders
- Regular contact with partners to advise them on new funding initiatives
2. Ensuring all reporting, monitoring and evaluation standards are met for projects and programmes
3. Co-ordination of progress reports from partners in the field using results based management
4. Conduct/coordinate a small number in-country monitoring visits to overseas programmes
5. Raising awareness of new development initiatives of interest to our partners
6. Updating and maintaining all institutional funding records and database.
7. Actively contribute to strategic planning processes and policy formulation for ERD and with partners in the field
8. Representing the organisation to key funding institutions and attending meetings and updates.
From time to time, the candidate may also be required to complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years proven experience of grant-writing, fundraising from agencies and institutions, or programme management within an NGO, faith-based organisation or funding body.
- A degree or post-graduate qualification in International Development or direct experience working in an International Development environment.
- Expertise or knowledge of current international development or human rights and advocacy issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and financial knowledge.
- Self-motivation, with an ability to take initiative and be creative.
- Ability to work both on an individual basis, and with a team of people in the field and at head office.
- Fluent English.
- Excellent I.T. skills – specifically in MS Office.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex and dynamic cross-cultural setting.
- Use of relationship databases or software e.g Salesforce, Raisers Edge etc
Please email current Curriculum Vitae, together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role no later than close of business Monday 13th August to:
Edmund Rice Development
Edmund Rice House
North Richmond Street
T: +353 1 819 6782
Edmund Rice Development is an equal opportunities employer